Support staff may ask you for a DxDiag file to help diagnose problems you are seeing with the game. To create a DxDiag file, follow the steps below:
- If you are running Windows 7 or higher, go to your Task Bar.
- Click "Start".
- Click "Run".
- In the pop-up window enter DxDiag and click Ok.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
- Click "Save all information".
- A "Save As" window should open.
- Click "Save". (The file should be saved to your desktop as DxDiag.txt)
- Exit the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
To create a DxDiag file on a Mac:
- Click Apple menu > About This Mac to open an overview about your Mac.
- For greater detail in the System Information app, click the System Report button.
- To open System Information directly, press and hold the Option key and choose Apple menu > System Information. You can also use Spotlight to find System Information or open it from the Utilities folder of your Applications folder.
- System Information opens to a system report for your Mac.
- Select items in the sidebar to see information about each item. You can also use the Network section and Network Utility to learn more about your network.
- To save a copy of your system report, choose File > Save.