If you are stuck at the 'Checking for Updates’ screen with a Null Reference error when loading Magic: The Gathering Arena, please follow the steps below:
On a PC:
- Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings.
- Uncheck the 'User a proxy server' checkbox as pictured below:
On a Mac:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Network.
- Select the network service you use in the list—for example, Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- Click Advanced, then click Proxies.
- If you configure your proxy server settings automatically, select Auto Proxy Discovery to automatically discover proxy servers, or select Automatic Proxy Configuration if you’re using a proxy auto-configuration (PAC) file. If you select Automatic Proxy Configuration, enter the address of the PAC file in the URL field. Check with your network administrator if you need more information.
- If you configure your proxy settings manually, do the following:
- Select a proxy server, such as FTP Proxy, then type its address and port number in the fields on the right.
- Select the “Proxy server requires password” checkbox if the proxy server is protected by a password. Enter your account name and password in the Username and Password fields.
This should allow the game to update as normal. If it doesn't, please contact us for further troubleshooting.