If none of the steps above resolve the problem, you may also want to try these solutions:
- Right-click MTGAInstaller.exe and run it as an Administrator
- Create a new Windows administrator account on your computer, log in as that account, and install the game from there.
- Follow our connection troubleshooting guide to make sure network issues aren't interfering with the download and install of the game. In particular:
- Some players have worked around some problems by using a US-based VPN while installing updates.
- Temporarily disabling antivirus and firewall software (including Windows Firewall) may help if some software interferes with MTG Arena's update process.
- To disable Windows Firewall, go to Control Panel → System and Security → Windows Firewall → Turn Windows Firewall On or Off
- Try downloading updates over a wired connection instead of wireless if you're having connectivity issues.
- Make sure you're up to date with Windows updates
To help us identify new issues and develop our knowledge base, you can also contact us, including install logs and a DxDiag file.