Before investigating your issue, check our status page to make sure there are no service outages impacting your experience.
Make sure that your system meets our minimum requirements. Poor performance is a common symptom of running a machine below our recommend specifications.
Sometimes lag is caused by network problems. If you have access to other machines on the same network, try playing the game on the other machine. If you see better performance on another machine on the same network, it indicates a problem with your original machine. Similarly if you have a laptop, try playing it on another network. If you see better performance there, it points to a problem on the other network.
Some basic steps worth trying to work around performance issues are as follows:
- Restart your computer and router to see the problem was caused by something running in memory.
- Try shutting down other programs while playing the game - particularly ones that use the internet or take up significant system memory. Software like video streaming services can impair performance due bandwidth consumption or memory utilization.
- Try using a wired network if you're having problems on wireless. This can work around any wireless network quality issues you're having.
- Make sure Windows and graphics card drivers are up to date, as updates may contain performance improvements or related bug fixes.
- Try lowering Quality to Low in the game client → gear icon → Graphics screen
If you had issues during an event with an entry fee, please follow this link to contact customer service. Complete the form after selecting "Report a problem in your event" from the dropdown, and our CS team will look into that for you.