The most common cause for graphics-related problems we receive is players using machines below our minimum system requirements. Please first check those and make sure your machine meets or exceeds those.
Another good first step is uninstalling the game, reinstalling it from here, and restarting your PC. This can resolve problems resulting from corrupt installs, missing files, or some Windows-level problems.
Finally, in your graphics card settings (NVIDIA control Panel, Catalyst Software, etc.), make sure you are using your graphics card for MTG Arena rather than your integrated video card.
If none of the steps above resolve the problem, you may also want to try these solutions:
- Make sure your operating system and graphics drivers are up to date - specific steps will very by brand.
- Make sure you are using a 64-bit client, as 32-bit clients are no longer supported as of the Core Set 2021 release. This was necessary to improve game and client performance and expand our supported platforms. Though impacting less than 1% of players, you can verify which version of Windows you're running in your System settings.
- If you're having problems with window size on a PC, open exe, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Wizards Of The Coast/MTGA/, and delete the following 3 settings:
- Screenmanager Is Fullscreen
- Screenmanager Resolution Height
- Screenmanager Resolution Width
Note: Making mistakes when editing registry settings can cause significant problems for your systems, so use caution when making these changes.
If you are still having problems after trying these steps, you may also want to check on our forums to see if other players have already found a way to resolve them. To help us identify new issues and develop our knowledge base, you can also contact us, including a game log file, a DxDiag file, and a screenshot of the behavior you're seeing.