Another good first step is uninstalling the game, reinstalling it from here, and restarting your PC. This can resolve problems resulting from corrupt installs, missing files, or some Windows-level problems.
Finally, in your graphics card settings (NVIDIA control Panel, Catalyst Software, etc.), make sure you are using your graphics card for MTG Arena rather than your integrated video card.
If none of the steps above resolve the problem, you may also want to try these solutions:
- Make sure your operating system and graphics drivers are up to date - specific steps will vary by brand.
- Make sure you are using a 64-bit client, as 32-bit clients are no longer supported as of the Core Set 2021 release. This was necessary to improve game and client performance and expand our supported platforms. Though impacting less than 1% of players, you can verify which version of Windows you're running in your System settings.
- If you're having problems with window size on a PC, open exe, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Wizards Of The Coast/MTGA/, and delete the following 3 settings:
- Screenmanager Is Fullscreen
- Screenmanager Resolution Height
- Screenmanager Resolution Width
Note: Making mistakes when editing registry settings can cause significant problems for your systems, so use caution when making these changes.