When you install Magic: The Gathering Arena on a mobile device, you might only have access to the “Color Challenge” or “Bot Match” (pictured below). If you would like to play other modes on your device, you may need to unlock All Play Modes following the steps below:
- Select the Options (gear) icon in the upper right-hand side of the screen:
- From the Options menu, select Account in the bottom left-hand side of the screen:
- From the Account menu, select Unlock Play Modes from the top center of the screen:
- A message will pop to confirm your selection. Press OK if you would like to continue:
- After returning Home from the Options menu, you should now be able to select Play and see more event options. You can also click the slider at the top of the Play menu for Arena Play Modes or All Play Modes:
Note: We do not recommend competing in Magic Esports events on a mobile device, and per the Digital Magic Tournament Rules, players who choose to do so assume all responsibility for gameplay or connection issues they experience.