If none of the steps above resolve the problem, you may also want to try these solutions:
- Right-click MTGAInstaller.exe and run it as an Administrator
- Create a new Windows administrator account on your computer, log in as that account, and install the game from there.
- Follow our connection troubleshooting guide to make sure network issues aren't interfering with the download and install of the game. In particular:
- Some players have worked around some problems by using a US-based VPN while installing updates.
- Temporarily disabling antivirus and firewall software (including Windows Firewall) may help if some software interferes with MTG Arena's update process.
- To disable Windows Firewall, go to Control Panel → System and Security → Windows Firewall → Turn Windows Firewall On or Off
- Try downloading updates over a wired connection instead of wireless if you're having connectivity issues.
- For update issues specifically, try updating with the latest MSI file referenced here: https://forums.mtgarena.com/forums/threads/58489
- Make sure you're up to date with Windows updates
If you are still having problems after trying these steps, you may also want to check on our forums to see if other players have already found a way to resolve them. To help us identify new issues and develop our knowledge base, you can also contact us, including install logs and a DxDiag file.