JUMPSTART EVENT DETAILS
Available: July 16 – August 16
Entry Fee: 2,000 gold or 400 Gems
Event Record: Play as much as you like!
- 2nd Win: 1 Jumpstart rare individual card reward (ICR)
- 1st Win: 1 Jumpstart rare ICR
What is Jumpstart?
Jumpstart is an easy new way to pick up and play Magic. The format takes the best parts of Limited and Constructed Magic and fuses them into a dynamic, innovative play experience.
To play Jumpstart, you simply choose two themed boosters then mash them together in order to unleash epic combos. Skip the deck building and jump right into battle!
What is included in a Jumpstart booster?
Each Jumpstart booster contains 20 cards centered on a theme. What theme each booster contains is randomized, but each themed 20 cards will be sealed inside the pack and labeled. Most themes also have multiple variations—enough to make 121 possible 20-card lists inside any given pack.
- One in three boosters includes an extra rare.
- Jumpstart introduces 37 new cards to the game and almost 500 reprints.
- Every pack includes one basic land with art that matches the pack's theme. A few of them use thematically appropriate lands from M21, but most of them use brand-new themed land art created for Jumpstart.
How many themes are there in Jumpstart?
There are 46 possible themes in each Jumpstart booster. Dogs! Pirates! Rainbows?! Some themes even have multiple versions.
In what formats are Jumpstart cards legal?
Jumpstart cards are legal in the following formats:
- MTG Arena- Historic
- Magic: The Gathering- Legacy, Vintage, and Commander
Is playing Jumpstart on MTG Arena the same as playing it on tabletop?
For the most part. We included all the themes, cards new to Magic, and the same amount of possible decklists. We did swap out 20 specific cards for power, gameplay, or technical concerns. You can view the swapped cards here.
Will Jumsptart cards be craftable?
Yes—except for the basic lands. Those can only be earned through playing in the event at this time. All non-basic land cards can be crafted using Wildcards of the appropriate rarity once Jumpstart is available in MTG Arena. Players will still be able to craft Jumpstart cards for use in Constructed play after the event ends.
Which basic lands are included in Jumpstart?
- Jumpstart Basic Lands: Each theme (with the exception of Rainbow) has a specific basic land and art associated with it. Check out the Land section of the Jumpstart card image gallery to see which land is tied to which theme!
- Core Set 2021 Showcase Lands: The Core Set 2021 showcase lands are included in their corresponding Planeswalker theme packet.
Will Jumpstart be available for purchase in the Store in MTG Arena?
Jumpstart theme boosters will only be available through the Jumpstart event.
How does duplicate protection work for Jumpstart packets?
The same as it does for all other Limited events. As a reminder—we won't be making any adjustments to pack collation if you already own a playset of any of the cards, however, once you have finished your picks, you'll receive gems for any rares/mythic rares and vault progress for any commons/uncommons that you received beyond a playset.
Can I play Jumpstart against my friends?
Just like in Draft and Sealed, you'll be able to export your Jumpstart deck to your collection and then challenge a friend using this decklist in a Direct Challenge match using the 40-card challenge option.