This article covers some connection-related troubleshooting and a list common issues our players have reported. You can check our status page to makes sure there are not any known server outages.
If you can't connect to the server or experience frequent disconnects, try the following steps:
- Make sure you are using a broadband connection (25 Mbps download speed and 3 Mbps upload speed or better).
- Restart your PC and router.
- Disable your firewall and antivirus software.
- Open the following ports using port forwarding in your router's settings: 80, 443, 9405, 9505 (all TCP). Some customers have also worked around connection issues by lowering the security level in router settings or taking it out of bridge mode, depending on router model.
- If you've made any customizations related to MTG Arena in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts, remove those.
- Try different devices and networks to isolate if the problem is specific to one network or device.
- Try playing on different machines on your primary network if you access to others.
- Try taking your laptop to another network, or test on a mobile hotspot, to try a different network connection.
- Try both wired and wireless connections if possibles.
If you have played previously but can't connect to our servers at all, flush your DNS cache and perform a winsock reset.
If you are experiencing a "Connection Lost - Could not resolve player inventory" error message, the most common cause we have seen for that error is a program called Killer Network Manager. Try completely removing that software and/or contacting Killer Networking customer support to install an updated version of it.
If you are seeing "Error Code: Forbidden", that is not a connection issue - it means your account has been deactivated. Please contact us to discuss this with our support team.
If you have tried all these steps and still are experiencing issues, please contact us. Please include screenshots of what you're seeing and the results of step 6 above - what you've seen on different connections and/or devices.