Game Update Highlights
Shadows over Innistrad Remastered (SIR) is here!
- Check out new packs, bundles, and limited formats!
- New cards previously unavailable on MTG Arena!
- As a remaster of older Magic: The Gathering sets, these cards are only legal in Explorer and Historic
Notable Bug Fixes
- Choice emotes, like on Favored Enemy or Extinction Event, weren't displaying.
- This was especially an issue with Crucias.
- Did you know? Crucias is actually Bo Levar, one of Urza's Nine Titans. Well, if you read patch notes for lore, it finally paid off.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the collection/deckbuilder to forget your preferred zoom level
Upcoming MTG Arena Events
Additional events added to MTG Arena. Read the MTG Arena Weekly Announcements to learn more!
- All your favorite events are now in one convenient billboard!
- Instead of having separate billboards for each event on the home screen, they're now grouped into 'limited', 'midweek magic', and any other special festivals we have going on!
Emrakul, The Promised End
- People made Emrakul, the Promised End work, which was very silly and could be considered a questionable use of their time. More info here: Why I Decided Not to Do Emrakul, and How We Shipped It Anyway
- If you cast Emrakul, The Promised End on mobile, first, wow, congrats. That's wild.
- Second, instead of playing directly from your opponent's hand, you can tap their hand to get a browser to play cards. (Seriously? You got the cast off on an iPhone or whatever? GGs.)
- By default cards with Emerge will show the printed mana cost, and not the discounted Emerge cost in hand
- "You have to sacrifice a creature" is a significant enough additional cost that it's pretty misleading to default to that cost.
- Historically Auras did not show “hot/cold” highlighting in cases like Bonds of Faith. But Bonds of Faith does! Progress marches inevitably into the future.
- We know we already had Diregraf Colossus, but now we have Diregraf Colossus with a count of zombies in the graveyard!
- . . . Moonmist is working correctly.
- We know it doesn't work how you were hoping with MID and VOW werewolves. We’re sad too.
- SIR has different Meld VFX, because it seemed like the thing to do.
- Fixed a bug in collection view that could cause newly-crafted cards to sort to the front (unhelpfully removing them from your current view)
- Fixed a bug in the Collection Progress screen that caused the Collection button to not work properly
- Fixed a bug in the pack open screen where cards with an Alchemy variant could show up face-down until flipped
- Addressed an issue where having Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy and Chromatic Sphere in play at the same time did not allow you to manually tap the Chromatic Sphere.
- There are other combinations of "Kinnan and second thing" as well. I'd say finding them was an exercise for the reader, but alas, they're fixed too.
- Golden Guardians weren't transforming if they died on the same turn they used their activated abilities. I don't know who was playing with this card to notice this, but I'm glad we caught it.
- Fixed an issue where creatures that gain Toxic while Skrelv's Hive is in play don't gain lifelink.
- I know that sounds straightforward, but this is layer six time stamp vs dependency stuff, which is actually more complicated than even that made it sound.
- There was a very niche scenario in which Churning Reservoir would give you stops even when you couldn't do anything with it. Please enjoy those extra moments of life.
- Emrakul Emrakul Emrakul
- Emrakul Emrakul Emrakul (Emrakul, Emrakul.)
Champions of Innistrad Avatar Bundle
- Nahiri Avatar
- Sorin Avatar
- Garruk Avatar
- Tamiyo Avatar
Cost: 800 Gems or 4,000 Gold
Secrets of Innistrad Sleeve Bundle
- Thalia, Guardian of Thraben Sleeve
- Ominous Roost Sleeve
- Geralf's Messenger Sleeve
- Garruk, Caller of Beasts Sleeve
- All Is Dust Sleeve
Cost: 1,200 Gems or 6,000 Gold
Bump in the Night
- Liliana, the Last Hope Depth Art Card Style
- Traverse the Ulvenwald Depth Art Card Style
- Ishkanah, Grafwidow Depth Art Card Style
- Collective Brutality Depth Art Card Style
- Prized Amalgam Depth Art Card Style
- Relentless Dead Depth Art Card Style
- Falkenrath Gorger Depth Art Card Style
- Stromkirk Condemned Depth Art Card Style
Cost: 2,150 Gems or 10,750 Gold
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar Depth Art Card Style
- Collective Defiance Depth Art Card Style
- Grim Flayer Depth Art Card Style
- Selfless Spirit Depth Art Card Style
- Sigarda’s Aid Depth Art Card Style
- Spell Queller Depth Art Card Style
- Summary Dismissal Depth Art Card Style
- Thalia’s Lancers Depth Art Card Style
Cost: 2,000 Gems or 10,000 Gold
- Nahiri, the Harbinger Depth Art Card Style
- Always Watching Depth Art Card Style
- Cryptolith Rite Depth Art Card Style
- Distended Mindbender Depth Art Card Style
- Elder Deep-Fiend Depth Art Card Style
- Eldritch Evolution Depth Art Card Style
- Fevered Visions Depth Art Card Style
- Bedlam Reveler Depth Art Card Style
Cost: 2,100 Gems or 10,500 Gold
Now available for purchase through the Deckbuilder:
- Bruna, the Fading Light
- Gisela, the Broken Blade
- Always Watching
- Bedlam Reveler
- Collective Brutality
- Collective Defiance
- Cryptolith Rite
- Distended Mindbender
- Elder Deep-Fiend
- Eldritch Evolution
- Fevered Visions
- Grim Flayer
- Ishkanah, Grafwidow
- Liliana, the Last Hope
- Nahiri, the Harbinger
- Prized Amalgam
- Relentless Dead
- Selfless Spirit
- Sigarda's Aid
- Spell Queller
- Summary Dismissal
- Thalia, Heretic Cathar
- Thalia's Lancers
- Traverse the Ulvenwald
- Falkenrath Gorger
- Stromkirk Condemned